I think achieving wellness is all about balance in every aspect of your life. This is a daily challenge and takes effort to achieve. I will add to this page over time and the tips can be a resource to use when needed. If you are reading this website then you are well on your way to wellness. Everyone has to start somewhere.
- What does wellness look like for you?
- What parts of your life do you need to change or develop to achieve wellness?
- What are you willing to do to achieve wellness?
- What are the roadblocks to you achieving wellness and how can you overcome them?
- Who are your support people?
- What people or things are holding you back from achieving your goals?
- Make your bedroom a relaxing place. No t.v, ipad, computer, phone etc. I used to watch t.v in bed at night to relax. What was l thinking? Now l read for about fifteen minutes and l go straight to sleep.
- Don’t push yourself too hard to do it all ie Exercise, work, socialising, kids, study etc. Narrow it down to what has to be done an negotiate from there. I love to exercise but l have had to slow down and have realised that more isn’t always better.
- Try new things. Have an open mind. Broccoli in a smoothie! It is actually delicious.
- If you are into meditation that is fantastic. If not, try having some quiet time to reflect on things throughout the day.
- Keep your goals to yourself or tell everyone. What is going to work for you!
- Don’t get sidetracked by a party or event. Plan ahead and be strong.
- All or nothing l say. Go full steam ahead with your new journey and don’t sneak a secret chocolate bar here or there. You are only cheating yourself.
- The secret to success is to take one day at a time, but never forget the goal of wellness. Tackle each challenge as it comes along. Be proactive in finding solutions. Don’t l;et others make health or lifestyle decisions for you. Use your resource people toguide and inform you, but ultimately it is your life.